Thursday 3 January 2019

2nd Painting Challenge Entry

For my second entry into the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge I embraced my inner squirrel with a trio of separate periods.

First up were 10 Bolshevik infantry in greatcoats from Copplestone Castings. I have long been intrigued by the Back of Beyond setting but have never taken the plunge, but the release of the Dunsterforce supplement for 'Setting The East Ablaze' rule set finally persuaded me to invest in some figures. So these are the first in what will hopefully grow to a decent force to take on all enemies of the Revolution, whether they be reactionary Whites or Imperialist British.






Next up is a squad of Space Marines from the Thousand Sons Legion. I have been a big fan of the Horus Heresy and WH30K setting since the days of Epic Space Marine, so, when GW released boxed sets for 30K, I snapped them up, and have finally got around to putting some paint on. Until more join their ranks, they will form the basis of a Thousand Sons force for Kill Team.







Finally, there are the first two members of Seal Team Bravo (possibly connected to a TV series!) I was going to do the whole team in one sitting but doing all that Multicam camo was too much to face. Hopefully their team-mates won't be too far behind. Both are from Spectre Miniatures and are absolutely outstanding sculpts, full of detail and character. First up is Bravo Seven (from Spectre's Task Force Operators line), a scout with a suppressed MP7:





He is backed up by Bravo 2, a DM armed with a suppressed SCAR-H rifle. He is from Spectre's US Rangers line and the suppressor was an addition made out of 3mm brass rod:









The camo pattern was painted following the guide on Spectre's website and I am quite chuffed with how it has turned out. Now back to the painting table as I am trying to complete my entry for the weekend's Theme Round - Reconnaissance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord of the Rings Battle Companies Game - Secure the Area

Since the end of the Painting Challenge, I have had very limited hobby time but summer holidays meant I could get a game in of the new versi...