Saturday 4 May 2019

More WW2 Russian armour

These were done as part of my efforts to get forces ready to play some games set in Hungary 1945 using hte Battlegroup supplement Operation Spring Awakening. Having done some T34s, I moved on to a variety of SPGs plus the some heavy JSII tanks. They are all Zvezda kits from PSC.

These were all done in a similar fashion to the T34s - Vallejo Yellow Green base coat, AK wash and then AK pigments.

First up are the JSIIs, both with very crude white air recognition bands on the turrets. Like the T34s in the previus post, these are re-painted from their original dark green.



Next are a couple of SU100s. These Zvezda kits went together nice and quickly - they are probably the best and easiist fitting Zvezda kits I have done so far (although to be fair, once I had messed up the first SU76, the other two were much better/easier).


Three SU76s next. Although very cheap (especially when bought in the PSC sale, they don't com ewith any crew figures, unlike the PSC kits. I will probably get some crew figs from Skytrex at some point, but for now these are done). I perhaps went a bit heavy with thet weathering as they are much darker than the others - obviously they have done much more hard campaigning!



And finally, a big beast - the SU152. I love the look of this and am looking forward to seeing it take on the German heavies.



All of these, along with the T34s, were entered into the AHPC.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord of the Rings Battle Companies Game - Secure the Area

Since the end of the Painting Challenge, I have had very limited hobby time but summer holidays meant I could get a game in of the new versi...